What Causes Panic Attacks?
A panic attack is when a person has an episode of extreme terror accompanied by physical symptoms such as a racing heart, sweating and trembling, dizziness, and constriction of the chest amongst others. Back to Top of your health online page
Anyone who has suffered from this problem knows just how debilitating it can be.
In many cases there seems to be no apparent reason for having such attacks, but they can be caused by a variety of reasons, both physical and emotional. Here are some of them.
* Chronic or ongoing stress that cause the body to produce large amounts of adrenaline.
* A traumatic event that causes a flight or fight response in the body – also causing large amounts of adrenaline and other chemicals to be produced.
* Habitual hyperventilation can cause panic attacks as it disturbs the balance of chemicals in the blood, with not enough carbon dioxide.
* Extreme physical exercise can actually cause such an attack in some individuals.
* Strong stimulants such as excessive amounts of caffeine.
* Illness that causes physical changes in the body. Hyperthyroidism or asthma are two good examples of illness that can cause panic attacks.
* Sudden change of environment e.g. going into a crowded, stuffy mall from outdoors.
* Certain drugs and medications. Strangely enough, some tranquilisers can cause people to have such attacks.
* Once an attack has occurred, another one may well happen when the person goes to the same kind of place where the first one happened.
* If you have had a car accident you can easily have a panic attack the next time you get into a car.
Panic attacks can range from mild to severe and should always be treated.
Mild attacks can be treated by using a range of techniques from calming herbal tea to learning yoga to reduce your stress – even reading books about stress reduction techniques may help you.
Severe attacks may well need professional intervention from health care specialists.
If you know that your panic attacks are caused by a traumatic event then getting professional counselling for the event may help you to reduce them.
The main thing to remember if you are a sufferer is to seek treatment rather than allowing this disorder to ruin your life.
Getting support from family and friends is also important. The decision to do something about your problem is the first step to conquering it.
Learn more about your health online when you read the rest of our information here about: Panic Disorder and Panic Attacks
** Further reading through our articles on health issues will give you a body of information that will help you decide what options you have to deal with the underlying causes of your problem through giving your body the nutrition products that will assist you body to heal from the inside out.
You can visit our health food products page here: Herbalife Health Nutrition Supplements and learn more about our core nutrition program, the Cellular Nutrition Advanced Program and also check out these targeted products, Florafiber to replace your healthy flora and Aloe Vera Juice to help cleanse your system.
We wish you well in your search for solutions to this problem and your movement towards better health in all areas.
Contact Us if you would like a private consultation with us about your health online.
BACK TO “Your Health Online”
the A to Z directory of dealing with Health Problems & Self Care Strategies for natural remedies to your health issues.
Subscribe to “Your Health Success” newsletter
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Health Online.