Simple Ways to Avoid Diabetes & Stay Healthy
Diabetes is one disease that has been afflicting millions of people around the world and the number of individuals being diagnosed with diabetes has been growing each year. Diabetes has been known to lead to many severe illnesses such as blindness, heart complications, kidney problems and even amputation of different parts of the body such as the feet, legs and limbs. Back to Top of your health online page
Since diabetes is a hereditary disease, the risks of acquiring this illness are very high. In addition to that, pregnant women who have had gestational diabetes are at risk as well in developing Type II diabetes. Their children by default will be at risk too. Knowing that, is there really a way to prevent or even delay the onset of diabetes? Luckily, there are some simple ways in avoiding such disease. Take a break, pause for a minute and have a look at these simple methods to prevent this dreadful disease.
1. Eat Wisely. You’ve heard it said many times, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, thus don’t dare to miss this opportunity to feed your body. However, eat smaller portions throughout the day. This will help in losing weight as well. One good trick is to use a smaller plate since the food will look like more on them. It’s also a good practice to leave a small portion of food in the plate to get comfortable with small food serving sizes.
2. Eat Healthy. Limit the food intake especially those that are not good to health such as junk foods. Also, cut down on meat, poultry and fish consumption into less than three ounces a day. A good practice as well is to listen to music while eating instead of watching T.V. Why? Because in watching T.V., the focus is on the television program and not on the food, thus the tendency is to eat too much.
3. Drink Plenty of Water. It is recommended to drink at least eight glasses of water a day instead of drinking sodas. Water cleanses the body and unlike sodas and other drinks, it is calorie free. In addition, drinking a full glass of water before eating will help to reduce the appetite.
4. Dine Healthy. When dining outside the home, choose a restaurant that offers healthier food. If it’s unavoidable to eat at fast food restaurants, don’t upsize your meals. Choose grilled chicken and salad instead of hamburgers and fries or a sundae.
5. Avoid too many sweets. Cakes, ice creams and chocolates have too much sugar content. Instead of having them for desserts, it’s better to consume it naturally. Eat fruits. They are healthier and contain more vitamins. Or else, better skip dessert. In addition, avoid refined sugars, they contain chemicals and other substances that were acquired during the refinery process. Instead, use brown sugar or mascovado.
6. Exercise Regularly. Of course, after every diet, there should be an exercise to maintain a healthy body. Enroll into a fitness center which offers different kind of activities, classes and facilities to choose from like the gym, yoga, aerobics, kick-boxing, taebo and a lot more. Chose an activity that you enjoy the most so that you’ll never lose interest in doing it. If you’re on a tight budget, or you don’t have time to go to the gym, better have at least 15-30 minutes of walking. Make at least 10,000 steps per day. It’s cheap but healthy.
All of these activities are can really be of a great help to avoid or at the very least, post pone diabetes. The wonderful thing about the list above is that it will serve to keep your overall health and well-being in top form. The reality is that eating right and exercising go a long way to maintaining good health and minimizing risks of countless illnesses and diseases.
BACK TO “Your Health Online”
the A to Z directory of dealing with Health Problems & Self Care Strategies for natural remedies to your health issues.
Even when we try to eat well, we're disadvantaged. The nutritional content of most food has been compromised over the years, not only by deficient soils and modern production, transportation, storage and processing methods, but also by the enormous amounts of chemical and artificial substances added to promote growth, storage life, taste and appearance.
It's for this reason that more and more medical authorities are advocating the use of vitamin and mineral supplements. However, finding them in the right combination can be both confusing and costly.
The nutrition products I am going to recommend you make use of knowledge gained from the botanical world's 6,000 year history. They incorporated health building nutritional herbs with the best modern technology to help our bodies cleanse and detoxify so that the cells - the tiniest living units - can be as fully nourished as possible.
This allows the cells to grow, repair and to perform their functions with the best possible efficiency so that we feel and look better and are more able to prevent and fight disease. Once the body begins to clear itself of toxins it can more efficiently absorb nutrition.
Further reading through our articles on health issues will give you a body of information that will help you decide what options you have to deal with the underlying causes of your problem through giving your body the nutrition products that will assist you body to heal from the inside out.
You can visit our health food products page here: Herbalife Health Nutrition Supplements and learn more about our core nutrition program, the Cellular Nutrition Advanced Program and also check out these targeted products, Florafiber to replace your healthy flora and Aloe Vera Juice to help cleanse your system.
We wish you well in your search for solutions to this problem and your movement towards better health in all areas.
Subscribe to “Your Health Success” newsletter