Simple Tips to Lower High Blood Pressure
Are you conscious of your heath? Do you know if your body is suffering from any condition that may be harmful? Once you are diagnosed with high blood pressure, you need to take precautionary steps to prevent complications and keep your blood pressure under control.
The number of people suffering from hypertension keeps on rising. The condition is associated with advanced age. It is also related to lifestyle. Ayurveda medicine offers anti-hypertensive solutions to maintain and control blood pressure.
Some of the effective and natural ways to control your blood pressure are as follows:
1. Quit smoking - cigarettes contain nicotine that compresses the blood vessels in the body and makes the heart beat rapidly. This brings about a rise in blood pressure.
If you smoke regularly, you will have to quit smoking as soon as possible. Only then can you bring your blood pressure under control and reduce your risk of cardiovascular disorders.
2. Reduce the intake of salt - the consumption of salt in high quantities is directly related to hypertension. Make a commitment that you will not consume over two thousand mg of it every day.
This is around one teaspoon of salt each day. Salt intake can also be decreased by eating fast foods and processed foods in smaller quantities - or not at all.
3. Limit the consumption of alcohol - this is one of the most significant ways to lower your hypertension. It is essential to know that in the case of a healthy individual, alcohol consumption may or may not cause hypertension.
If you are a regular alcohol drinker, try to limit yourself to having one or two drinks each day. If you find that your high blood pressure increases with alcohol consumption, it is better to stop it soon.
4. Get rid of your excess weight - see to it that your body weight does not go beyond the normal values for your height. Hypertension is directly related to obesity. With more weight, there are greater chances of having high blood pressure. So keep it under control.
5. Exercise regularly - this is the best way to lower your blood pressure. It also helps with stress management and cholesterol lowering. You can exercise by swimming, walking, jogging, cycling, etc.
Follow these simple tips and bring your blood pressure levels under control. Try not to go for prescribed drugs or medications if you can control hypertension with the above mentioned tips.
Warren Tattersall has been a full time nutritional consultant for over a decade and works with people all over the world to help them improve their health, increase their personal energy levels and to use supplements to assist with diet related health issues.
This site has many helpful tips about nutrition and free health plans to reduce your high blood pressure and help you with a healthy heart. Not only will you get valuable :cardiovascular problems health tips about fish oil for cardiovascular health.
To have a free personal consultation with him to learn how incorporating nutritional supplements may improve your health concerns just visit “The Health Success Site” and download the free health report available there, or email warren@TheHealthSuccessSite.com to request a personal one-on-one consultation by email or phone.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Cardiovascular.