Low-Fat Weight Loss Tips
Losing weight is easy for some people. As soon as they notice they're getting a little heavy they eat a little less and the weight comes right off. These people don't struggle, and are rarely more than a few pounds overweight; then there are those of us who are normal. We have a harder time, and it's a constant battle to lose weight. With that in mind, here are some low-fat weight loss tips to get you on the right track. Back to Top of your health online page
1. Understand calories. You don't necessarily have to religiously count calories, but you should have a basic understanding of them. Every 3,500 calories is equal to one pound of body weight. If you take in an extra 3,500 you will gain one pound. If you get rid of 3,500 you will lose a pound. You can only take in calories through eating, but you can get rid of them through exercise, or by not eating them in the first place. The other important thing to know is that carbohydrates and protein have 4 calories per gram, but fat has 9 calories per gram, which is slightly more than double.
2. "Low-fat" doesn't mean "low-calorie". There is a common misconception that all you need to do to lose weight is to buy low-fat products. In theory it makes sense that reducing your fat intake would help you to lose weight, but that's not entirely true. It's not how much fat you consume, but rather how many total calories you take in that affects your weight. The problem with low-fat foods is that they still contain calories, and they are often empty calories. The reason is that things like sugar and salt are added to make up for the loss of fat. So, one of the key low-fat weight loss tips is to read the label, and don't assume that terms like "low-fat" are always positive.
3. You need some fat. There was a time when people thought that they to give up all fat in their diet; their goal was to take in as little fat as possible, regardless of the consequences. However, your body needs some fat to survive, and you will actually have a harder time losing weight if you don't eat some fat.
4. Choose healthier fats. This is one of the low-fat weight loss tips that confuses some people, but it's not really that complicated. To put it in simple terms, some fats are healthier than others. The latest research suggests that there is no amount of trans fats that is safe (with the exception of some naturally occurring trans fats). You should try to stay away from saturated fat as well, though you can have some. The healthiest fats are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated, which are typically derived from plant sources.
5. Look at a quality meal replacement program so you can have one or two meals of 'pure food', improve your nutrition levels, and have more flexibility then to eat the foods you like most for your mail meal.
By following these low-fat weight loss tips you will be able to get rid of those extra pounds that you don't want anymore. They are simple enough to start using right away, and you'll be glad you did once you see the healthier and happier new you.
BACK TO “Your Health Online”
the A to Z directory of dealing with Health Problems & Self Care Strategies for natural remedies to your health issues.
Even when we try to eat well, we're disadvantaged. The nutritional content of most food has been compromised over the years, not only by deficient soils and modern production, transportation, storage and processing methods, but also by the enormous amounts of chemical and artificial substances added to promote growth, storage life, taste and appearance.
It's for this reason that more and more medical authorities are advocating the use of vitamin and mineral supplements. However, finding them in the right combination can be both confusing and costly.
The nutrition products I am going to recommend you make use of knowledge gained from the botanical world's 6,000 year history. They incorporated health building nutritional herbs with the best modern technology to help our bodies cleanse and detoxify so that the cells - the tiniest living units - can be as fully nourished as possible.
This allows the cells to grow, repair and to perform their functions with the best possible efficiency so that we feel and look better and are more able to prevent and fight disease. Once the body begins to clear itself of toxins it can more efficiently absorb nutrition.
Further reading through our articles on health issues will give you a body of information that will help you decide what options you have to deal with the underlying causes of your problem through giving your body the nutrition products that will assist you body to heal from the inside out.
You can visit our health food products page here: Herbalife Health Nutrition Supplements and learn more about our core nutrition program, the Cellular Nutrition Advanced Program and also check out these targeted products, Florafiber to replace your healthy flora and Aloe Vera Juice to help cleanse your system.
We wish you well in your search for solutions to this problem and your movement towards better health in all areas.
Subscribe to “Your Health Success” newsletter