Getting fit without the Gym
Getting fit and staying that way can be a challenge. Many of us go to the same old routine is a local health club or gym membership to get results. Are you tired of that routine? Do you long for a change of pace?
Here are some ideas to get you out of the gym but giving you the same great workout results. It will make you smile at the same time.
1. Hiking. Hiking is a heart pumping activity and a great way to keep you outdoors and in the fresh air. Find several local trails, grab your tennis shoes, and get hiking. The scenery is much better than the tv or the gym walls while giving you a sense of accomplishment at the end of the trail.
2. Join a Team. Are there any local adult sports teams that you can join? If you want to make a sport out of getting fit, this is the way to go. You Can have a good time while burning calories and getting the heart rate going strong. If there is not one available, do you have enough friends to start your own mini-team work outs?
3. Bootcamp. Create your won. They can be a lot of fun. A challenge can be very motivating, who doesn’t love that? Do it on your own or challenge yourself with friends. Go to a local park or area, and do some strength and Cardio exercise. Exercises such as lunges, jumping jacks, push ups, high knees, tricep dips and sit ups can be part of the challenge.
4. City Walkabout. Take a tour of the city you live in while walking through it. Walking is easy because you just need a pair of good supportive walking shoes. You can walk almost anywhere. Walk all around your city or one nearby. Take a walking tour of a local city park, state park or historical site. You not only get in a good workout, but you might learn something new in the process.
5. Track Running. Walking not much of a challenge for you? Want to burn more calories? Running is the fastest most effective calorie burner. It can be the most boring thing to do in a gym or at home on a treadmill. Go to the nearest high school track. Many times they are quite open for the neighborhood. You might even be able to find a running buddy there, or bring your own. If doing it solo is your style, put on some headphones, no one will care or bother you. It can be an interesting way to break up your routine every once in awhile. Try speeding up and then slowing down to increase your Cardio activity.
There are may different ways to break up the old gym, or home route routine and still work at getting and staying fit. Be creative and look for ways in your own neighborhood or city that can make your workout interesting and fun from time to time.
Learn more in here about our lifetime fitness exercise guide
Warren Tattersall has been a nutritional consultant for over 20 years and has a personal interest in weight lifting toward reaching competition level.
If you would like to learn more about safe healthy ways to get fit, and about the natural supplements that I recommend and use myself, just drop me a line here and you'll get a free consultation with Warren Tattersall... CONTACT ME - no obligation, we'll just have a chat about your weight and health goals and the best ways you can achieve them while improving your overall health.
You can also get a fast start to build muscle like one of the Spartan 300 using this powerful training guide I have just published! Click banner to learn more >>>
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit *YOUR* health story.