Five Products to Fight Aging
One of the main reasons humans age is due to free radical attack in the body. While the body does make some antioxidants, it is always helpful to ensure you take in a good supply through the diet. Back to Top of your health online page
This needs to be an ongoing thing, as many vitamins are water soluble and so the body cannot store them. They are lost through sweating and passing water.
Both vitamin C and the B complex vitamins are in this category. These are all essential for health and for youth, as they add shine to the hair, elasticity and glow to the skin and make us feel energetic.
Such vitamins are naturally present in most of the foods we eat, but since they are water soluble they can be lost or destroyed to a great extent when the food is cooked or soaked in water. Even storage causes some loss.
That is why nutritionists often advise eating foods raw, but they also need to be as fresh as possible. When food is cooked, it should be steamed as this reduces the loss of antioxidants.
However it is important not to overcook even steamed vegetables. Juicing vegetables is a good way to ensure a plentiful supply of nutrients with the largest amount of vitamins in it.
Not everyone’s diet is adequate and that is when supplements of such vitamins should be taken.
Certain other vitamins are fat-soluble. These can be stored in the body; they dissolve in the fats and from there go into our bloodstream.
The liver then becomes a storehouse for them and they are made available to us when needed. These vitamins are A, D, E and K.
Many vitamins and minerals are needed by our bodies to optimum health, but experts suggest that the top five are: -
* Vitamin C necessary for repairing all cells of the body, but especially the connective tissues and collagen for a more youthful looking skin. It works in conjunction with Vitamin E.
* Vitamin E is also an antioxidant that will protect body and skin against free radical damage.
* Omega 3 to protect against wrinkles and moisturize the skin.
* Selenium which plays a big part in breaking down harmful toxins and is also an antioxidant.
* Calcium which keeps our bones healthy and strong. Bone porosity is often a problem of aging, but with extra calcium there is less chance of bone breakage.
The top five things to eat for anti-aging are considered by many experts to be: -
* Brightly colored berries. These help with brain health and function.
* Cherries are known to relieve the pain and inflammation of arthritis.
* Cruciferous vegetables help remove the aggressive estrogen that causes cancer.
* Nuts as rich source of minerals.
* Tomatoes for their cancer fighting nutrients, antioxidants, immune system boosters and skin health nutrients.
Learn more about your health online when you read the rest of our information here about: Anti Aging tips to stay younger longer
** Further reading through our articles on health issues will give you a body of information that will help you decide what options you have to deal with the underlying causes of your problem through giving your body the nutrition products that will assist you body to heal from the inside out.
You can visit our health food products page here: Herbalife Health Nutrition Supplements and learn more about our core nutrition program, the Cellular Nutrition Advanced Program and also check out these targeted products, Florafiber to replace your healthy flora and Aloe Vera Juice to help cleanse your system.
We wish you well in your search for solutions to this problem and your movement towards better health in all areas.
Contact Us if you would like a private consultation with us about your health online.
BACK TO “Your Health Online”
the A to Z directory of dealing with Health Problems & Self Care Strategies for natural remedies to your health issues.
Subscribe to “Your Health Success” newsletter
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit *YOUR* health story.