Five Easy Weight Loss Tips
There is the time of year just after the holidays when everyone starts thinking about what resolutions they might want to make for the new year. Most people are looking for easy weight loss tips they can incorporate into their daily lives.
Here are five easy weight loss tips for you to follow and see success in your weight loss journey:
1. Water. The first thing you want to do is to drink plenty of water. The general rule is to drink “half your weight” in water every day. For example, if you weigh 180 lbs., then you’ll drink 90 ounces of water every day. That may seem like a lot, and it is if you’re not used to drinking that much, but it’s so good for you and it will promote weight loss.
2. Start walking. Get a little pedometer that counts your steps every day. Make a goal for yourself to walk at least 10,000 steps every day. If your job is generally sedentary, you’ll have to make an effort to get up from your desk more often and take those steps. Get out at lunch and go for a walk.
3. Journal. Write down what you eat in a journal. Or use an online journal, such as Fitday or something similar that can track your food and your calories. The online journals are very good because they can actually track the calories/fat/protein ratios so you have a real account of what you are putting into your body.
4. Measure everything! When you think you’re eating a healthy salad, make sure and measure your salad dressing. Many times what people think is a 2 Tbs. portion size is more like 6 Tbs. Or if you have a chicken breast on your salad that should be a serving size of 3 oz., make sure and weigh it. If you don’t really know what 3 oz. is, you may end up finding out that you’ve been eating up to 6 or 8 oz. of protein instead.
5. Make goals for yourself. Not only the ultimate weight loss goal of where you want to get to, but goals for every day and every week. For instance, the goal for each day should be how much water you’re drinking, how many minutes of exercise you are doing and how many calories you will stay within. Weekly goals may be that you will go to the gym 3 times every week.
When you are just starting out on your weight loss journey, these few easy weight loss tips will help you to get onto the right track. They are simple to incorporate into your everyday routine. The main thing to remember is that weight loss only occurs when there is a calorie deficit. You must burn more calories than what you are taking in daily in order to see a loss.
The other important thing is to get plenty of sleep. Many people don’t realize how important sleep is in losing weight. Making these changes puts you into change of lifestyle mode rather than diet mode and these are things you can keep doing for the long haul.
If you would like to learn more about healthy ways to lose weight, and about the natural supplements that I recommend and use myself, just drop me a line here and you'll get a free consultation with Warren Tattersall... CONTACT ME - no obligation, we'll just have a chat about your weight and health goals and the best ways you can achieve them while improving your overall health.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit *YOUR* health story.