Don't Starve Yourself Skinny - Rev Up Your Metabolism!
If you're watching calories like a hawk and still gaining weight, your metabolism may be the culprit. Metabolism is the mechanism our body uses to burn calories. Think of it as your body's "motor." The faster your metabolism operates the more calories you'll burn and lose weight in the process.
As we age, our metabolism naturally slows down. So, what's a body to do to keep the metabolism up and the weight down? There are lots of factors that count in the role that your metabolism plays in your ability to lose weight, including your age and lifestyle.
The truth is you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. In fact, the best way to rev up your metabolism (that calorie-burning chemical process) is to eat! Some of you may have to work harder than others to speed up the process, while others just need to regulate their lifestyle and diet habits.
Most of what we think of as "diet foods" won't help jump start your metabolism. They may be low in calories and even high in fiber, but if you make those foods the mainstay of your diet, you'll gain weight almost immediately after you return to a normal diet.
That's because your metabolism has become sluggish while you were dieting and has lost its ability to burn excess calories. To effectively "fire up" your metabolism, keep in mind the following tips:
* Don't skip meals. It's better to eat four to six small meals per day than to skip a major daily meal -- especially breakfast.
* Cardio workouts (the kind that get your heart rate up) are great for burning calories and to get your metabolism moving at a faster rate.
* Drink plenty of water so that your body can rid itself of the toxins that pulls down your metabolism to a sluggish level.
* No matter what you've heard about carbohydrates, remember that they help to boost your metabolism.
* Tone your muscles. Use weights to firm and tone your muscles, ridding yourself of fat and replacing it with lean muscles.
* Don't eat just before bed time. Give your body a chance to take care of excess calories before it slows down for sleep.
* Lower your alcohol intake. Alcohol is like a "go slow" sign for your metabolism. Keep it to a minimum.
Begin now to rev up your metabolism. Remember, when your metabolism improves, so will your shape!
Warren Tattersall has been a full time nutritional consultant for over a decade and works with people all over the world to help them improve their health, increase their personal energy levels and to use supplements to assist with diet related health issues.
If you are desperate to lose weight quickly and looking for a safe and natural rapid weight loss program that is also convenient and affordable, you should check this site out, and also get the healthy weight loss answers you have been looking for. Remember to grab your free diet tips ebook downloads as well while you are there!
To have a free personal consultation with him to learn how incorporating nutritional supplements may improve your health concerns just visit “The Health Success Site” and download the free health report available there, or Contact Us to request a personal one-on-one consultation by email or phone.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Weight Loss.