50 Easy Ways To Cut 100 Calories A Meal
In an article I wrote recently I talked about eating slowly to help you lose 50 pounds over a year. Studies have shown that by taking your time, when you are eating, it will help you lose weight.
To put it simply by eating slowly your stomach will have time to send the signal to your brain that you're full. In most cases it takes about 20 minutes for the average person's tummy to signal the brain. And then in turn your brain tells your body you're full; stop stuffing your face! dummy.
However, if you speed eat, you will just keep stuffing yourself with food, before your brain finally gets the signal. An example of that would be if you wolfed down your first plate full in say 5 to 8 minutes, your brain will continue to tell you you're still hungry. In which case you will go back for 2nds or even 3rds to satisfy the hungry signal you are getting from your brain. Your end result is "FAT" from the unburned extra calories, because your body is automatically going to store those unburned calories as fat.
Think about it for just a minute, by chewing slowly (say 50 times per bite) you may find you aren't going back for 2nds and definitely not 3rds.
But think what will happen when you slow down your eating and then cut an extra 100 calories out of each meal you eat.
By cutting those extra calories you will really kick your weight loss off with a bang. The following is a list of 29 ways and healthy foods you can use to blast those 100 calories out the door.
* Substitute 1 tablespoon of all fruit jam on your toast in lieu of 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter.
* Replace 1 cup of whole milk with 1/2 a cup of skim milk.
* Substitute 2 poached eggs for 2 fried eggs.
* Eat 2 cups of Cheerios instead of 1/2 cup of granola
* Use nonfat milk and egg whites to make French Toast instead of whole milk and eggs.
* Eat both an orange and a banana instead of a Snicker's bar.
* Have 35 pretzel sticks instead of 1 ounce of dry roasted peanuts.
* Replace 1 cup of sweetened apple sauce with 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce. Use an artificial sweetener like Splenda if you notice a difference in taste.
* If you make Lamb and Vegetable kabobs, replace 2 of the chunks of meat with vegetables.
* Use 1 tablespoon of low fat mayonnaise rather than 1 1/2 tablespoons of regular
* Don't drink that glass of white wine. Opt for cherry flavored sparkling water instead.
* Skip the cheese on your burger or sandwich.
* Have a half cup of dried fruit instead of 9 caramel candies.
* Instead of 3 slices of bacon, have 3 slices of Lite and Lean Canadian bacon.
* Order one size down at Starbucks.
* Choose a Lender's egg bagel instead of a Sara Lee egg bagel.
* Use 2 slices of Roman Light 7-grain bread instead of Pepperidge Farm wheat bread for your sandwiches.
* Serve 2 dinner rolls with your beef stew instead of 2 biscuits.
* Eat 1/2 cup of steamed fresh broccoli instead of 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli in cheese sauce.
* Make your burrito with 1/2 cup of fat-free re-fried beans and 1 ounce of nonfat cheeseinstead of the same amount of traditional re-fried beans and cheese.
* Make your sandwich open face.
* Chose a high-fiber English muffin instead of a full fat apple muffin.
* Cut your cake a little slimmer. Reducing a slice of cake by 1/3 will save you 100 calories.
* You can switch from 1 cup of whole milk hot chocolate to 1 cup of 1% milk without losing any taste when you add a dash of almond extract.
* Throw away 8 McDonald's French Fries.
* Ditch the single cup of caramel coated popcorn and have 2 1/2 cups of air popped popcorn instead.
Don't wait around to lose 50 pounds of weight. Cut 100 calories a meal out of your diet, by using all or some of the above ways to get a head start.
Are you fed up with being overweight and want to get serious and drop those pounds and keep them off? Our Free Weight Loss Report Reveals the fundamentals of losing weight the natural way .
If you would like to learn more about healthy ways to lose weight, and about the natural supplements that I recommend and use myself, just drop me a line here and you'll get a free consultation with Warren Tattersall... CONTACT ME - no obligation, we'll just have a chat about your weight and health goals and the best ways you can achieve them while improving your overall health.
Let's face it! It's not easy to lose 50 pounds without a major life style change. You and I both know it takes mental and physical discipline to get those 50 lbs off your body. We also know that it takes a combination of things to accomplish that goal. Such as physical exercise, stress reduction, proper mental and body rest, and perhaps most important of all healthy eating.
One way to practice healthy eating is to lower your calorie intake, when you eat. In yesterday's article I gave you the first 29 suggestions for "50 Easy Ways To Cut 100 Calories A Meal". And today's article will give you the remaining 21 suggestions for cutting 100 calories out of every meal you eat.
* You can have a 1/2 cup of plain raisins for 100 calories less than a 1/2cup of yogurt coated raisins.
* Swap a cup of nonfat plain yogurt for a cup of custard style yogurt.
* Chew sugar free gum in place of a 100 calorie snack pack.
* Put 2 tablespoons of fat-free cream cheese instead of 3 tablespoons of regular cream cheese.
* Instead of eating 5 chocolate chip cookies quickly, eat 2 slowly and enjoy them more.
* Have a broth based soup instead of a cream soup.
* Put 2 tablespoons of evaporated nonfat milk in your coffee instead of 2 tablespoons of half and half.
* Use nonfat chicken broth instead of heavy cream and butter when making mashed potatoes.
* Drink one can of diet cola in place of one can of the regular stuff.
* When making a cream sauce, thicken it with 1 percent milk and corn starch instead of the traditional roux of butter and flour.
* Cut 1 1/2 ounces off your steak and feed them to your dog. Fido will really be man's best friend then!
* Eat chocolate sorbet instead of chocolate ice cream.
* Have a fresh spring roll instead of a fried egg roll.
* Make your grilled cheese sandwich with nonstick cooking spray instead of margarine.
* Use a small amount of maple syrup on your pancakes in lieu of margarine or butter.
* Eat 1.5 ounces of grapes instead of 1.5 ounces of raisins.
* Eat a slice of thin crust pizza instead a slice of deep dish.
* Choose steamed rice over fried rice.
* Dip your salad in salad dressing rather than pouring it over the top. You're likely to have only 2 teaspoons instead of 2 tablespoons.
* Eat a half cup of fresh strawberries with 2 tablespoons of fat free whipped cream instead of 1/2 a cup of strawberry ice cream.
* Switch from pork bacon to turkey bacon.
* Instead of a muffin, have all of the following: a scone, fruit salad, coffee, and yogurt.
* Have a Kit Kat instead of a Snicker's bar. Or better yet reduce the portion of the Kit Kat in half.
As you can tell these suggestions are a great deal of common sense. However, it is always safer for you to contact your doctor or other health professional, before making any major diet changes, to make sure you are healthy enough to implement the changes.
It's up to you to make the substitutions and to get a head start on losing those 50 pounds.