5 Ways to Lose Weight Faster
We all want to look great and feel a sense of vitality each day, but how many of us are doing what we need to be doing in order to feel great? One of the first steps to feeling better is to create a healthy and strong physique.
Weight loss is one of the greatest challenges many of us face. Whether you’re just getting started or you’ve been on the journey for a while but hit a plateau, weight loss is always tricky.
Things like age, gender, and metabolism come into play and can alter the likelihood of success. However, there are some very fundamental ways to lose weight faster.
Try these techniques:
1. Count your macronutrients. Perhaps the most difficult aspect of weight loss is maintaining a clean and healthy diet. It can be difficult to stay on track when there’s a fast food drive-thru on every corner.
● Tracking your macronutrients is one of the best ways to ensure you’re providing your body with everything it needs, and nothing it doesn't.
● The most effective macronutrient split for most people is 45% carbs, 35% protein, and 20% fat. Do your best to avoid saturated fats or trans fats as these are generally accompanied by weight gain.
2. Increase your NEAT. NEAT stands for Non-exercise activity thermogenesis, and on a fundamental level, this is the number of calories your body uses on a daily basis for everything that is not intentional exercise.
● For example: An individual who works a labor job would have a much higher NEAT than someone who works a desk job. They are always moving and staying active. If you can increase your NEAT through simple activities like taking the stairs or walking your dog more often, you can increase your metabolism and weight loss.
3. Lift weights. Far too many people are scared of lifting weights. Not only are weights one of the most effective tools for developing lean muscle mass, but they’re also a great way to keep your metabolism moving all day long.
● Cardio training is essential to your workout program, but the inclusion of traditional strength training with weights will be very beneficial to your success in weight loss.
4. Supplement with L-Carnitine. Supplementing should be used sparingly and only when it is absolutely needed.
● With that in mind, research on l-carnitine has yielded some very positive results. It seems that this amino acid can be very effective in promoting greater states of fat oxidation, enabling you to burn more fat and utilize it as energy, leading to weight loss.
5. Drink water. The most overlooked component to any health goal is always hydration. Our bodies are about 70% water. Without a hydrated body, you’ll struggle to perform, recover, lose weight, and you may even feel fatigued more often.
● It’s important to try to drink 6-8 glasses of water daily and eat foods such as fruit and vegetables (since they are primarily water) to maintain hydration, balance pH, and maintain electrolyte balance.
The struggles that many people face when they want to live a healthier life are real. In an ever-changing world with sedentary life becoming more popular, it’s difficult to find motivation.
Even so, you can surpass your weight loss goals by tracking your results and putting yourself in a position of success. Use these techniques to enable your success. Track your macros, be more physically active each day, stay hydrated, train with weights, and supplement when needed.
Consistent efforts will yield consistent results!
Learn more about your health online when you read the rest of our information here about: Choice of Diet Plans guide and also download the free health report available there!
Warren Tattersall has been a full time nutritional consultant for over a decade and works with people all over the world to help them improve their health, increase their personal energy levels and to use supplements to assist with diet related health issues.
Just send him a note on the form here - Contact Us - to request a personal no obligation one-on-one consultation with Warren
New order website for Australian customers:
For all the subscribers that don't want to talk to anyone, just want to buy their products direct, I'm creating these websites that process orders for you once you register with them.
The Australia GoHerbalifeSite
is the first one completed, other countries will come along soon...
Australian customers: Click this link
or tap on the banner below to check it out and get registered to place your orders... and remember your 15% discount code: HLIntro15
Did you find this post fun, informative and useful? If so, please share it with others!
If you have a comment, question or suggestion, please leave a comment below!
9 Ways to Lose Weight Without Exercise
Losing weight requires a calorie deficit, which means that you must burn more calories than you consume. In order to do this, consider both what you are eating and how much exercise you get.
For many, though, it can be difficult to exercise, which limits your ability to burn calories. In this case, what can you do? Luckily, there are still many things you can do to lose weight.
Here are some ways to lose weight without exercise:
1. Chew thoroughly.
When you chew your food thoroughly, you slow down the speed in which your food gets consumed. This gives your brain time to process how much food you’ve had and let you know when you’ve had what your body requires.
● This helps to reduce your food intake and ultimately the number of calories you consume.
2. Use a smaller plate.
Using a smaller plate will help to cut down portion sizes. When serving food on a smaller plate, it will appear much larger, but in reality, you are consuming much less than usual.
3. Eat plenty of protein.
A diet rich in protein can help increase feelings of fullness, reduce hunger, and keep you from consuming too many calories.
● This is because protein can affect hormones such as ghrelin and GLP-1, which play a role in hunger and fullness.
4. Hide unhealthy foods.
If you can store unhealthy foods out of sight, this will help reduce your cravings for them. Similarly, if they are stored where they can be seen, you’re naturally more likely to reach for them.
5. Eat foods rich in fiber.
Fiber aids with your digestion, plus certain types of fiber can help you feel fuller for longer.
● Viscous fiber forms a gel when it comes into contact with water. This gel in your stomach will slow down the rate that your stomach empties.
● Good sources of this type of fiber include oats, beans, asparagus, and flax seeds.
6. Drink plenty of water.
Water has no calories, so when water is your beverage, your only calories come from your food.
● Research has also found that drinking water prior to a meal can help reduce hunger and the number of calories consumed during the meal.
7. Eat without distractions.
You’re more likely to overeat when distracted. Put aside electronic devices, including TV and cell phones, when eating. When you pay attention to what you are eating, you will find yourself eating less and consuming fewer calories.
8. Sleep more and avoid stress.
When you don’t get enough sleep, the production of the hormones leptin and ghrelin may become disrupted, which may lead to hunger and cravings.
● Stress can have a similar effect on your cravings, as it causes the production of cortisol to increase.
9. Serve unhealthy foods on a red plate.
It has been found that simply putting unhealthy foods on a red plate can trigger you to eat less of them.
● One possible explanation for this phenomenon is that we associate the color red with stop signals and other warnings.
Any sort of movement or exercise will help burn off more calories. Plan activities that you can enjoy so that they don’t seem like exercise:
● Play with your children or pets.
● Enjoy a rollicking game of your favorite sport with friends or neighbors.
● Even going for a leisurely stroll in your neighborhood or nearby park will give you an opportunity to add some serenity from nature to your life while helping you to lose weight.
As you can see, there are many things you can do that will help reduce your calories without having to exercise.