There are certain foods out there that have come to earn the label super food. Super foods can improve your health by lowering your risk of heart disease and stroke, while boosting your energy, focus, and mental sharpness. The best part is that you get these benefits using all natural foods, instead of items containing chemicals and drugs.
Here's a list of 12 super foods and a description of how they'll help your body and mind:
1. Sweet Potatoes. Sweet potatoes are packed with added fiber, potassium and vitamin C. You can cook them in many ways including baked or mashed, as well as cubed in soups.
2. Blueberries. Blueberries are definitely a super fruit! They contain beneficial antioxidants as well as vitamin C and fiber. They make a healthy treat and they're easy to eat on their own or in smoothies and baked goods.
3. Bananas. Bananas make the list because of their beneficial nutrients as well as high potassium content. They also contain a healthy dose of vitamin B6.
4. Broccoli. Broccoli is a vegetable that contains a healthy amount of vitamin C and folic acid. If you don't like the taste, you can use some spices, cheese, or dip to add some flavor.
5. Spinach. Spinach comes packed with many beneficial ingredients. It's one of the best leafy green vegetables that you can eat. It contains folate, potassium, magnesium, iron, and more. Plus it's easy to add to salads.
6. Apples. So now you know there's truth to the saying that an apple a day keeps the doctor away! They contain many of the benefits of the other super food fruits, as well as a decent fiber content. They're also a low glycemic index food. Apples can help you stay full and may help with weight loss.
7. Baked Beans. Protein, fiber and calcium are just some of the benefits of this low GI super food. Baked beans have also been known to lower the chances of bowel type cancers because of the unique way they're digested.
8. Yogurt. Yogurt is a super healthy way of getting your dairy intake for the day. In addition to being an excellent source of calcium, yogurt has also been known to improve your bowel health overall. Yogurt can help with regulating the digestive system.
9. Salmon. Lean fish are always good alternatives for healthy meats in your diet. However, salmon is extra special because it contains Omega 3's. Omega 3's alone have many health benefits such as reduced risks of heart attacks as well as mental disorders such as depression.
10. Olive Oil. Olive oil is one type of oil that's okay to add to your diet in moderation. It's a good idea to keep in mind that a little bit goes a long way. '
Olive oil can lower bad cholesterol levels and it also contains a healthy amount of antioxidants. Use olive oil mixed with balsamic vinegar for salad dressing, instead of the creamy stuff.
11. Dark Chocolate. This is usually the shocker on the super foods list. Dark chocolate can be yummy and beneficial to your health. Dark chocolate, in small amounts each day, can lower your blood pressure and it also contains antioxidants.
12. Citrus Fruit. Many like the taste of sweet citrus fruits, which makes it quite the popular super food. You'll still want to eat these fruits in moderation because they have a higher sugar content. However, citrus fruits also come with a high amount of vitamin C, fiber, and folic acid.
There are many other foods that are earning the title of super food, but this list should get you started in the right direction. It's always a great thing to hear when a delicious food also helps you live a happier and healthier life!
Learn more about your health online when you read the rest of our information here about: diet plans guide and also download the free health report available there!
Warren Tattersall has been a full time nutritional consultant for over a decade and works with people all over the world to help them improve their health, increase their personal energy levels and to use supplements to assist with diet related health issues.
Just send him a note on the form here - Contact Us - to request a personal no obligation one-on-one consultation with Warren
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit *YOUR* health story.
Subscribe to get your weekly "Health Success Magazine" with a new complete & comprehensive Health Report in every edition!
If you would like a free no-obligation private consultation or to contact Warren Tattersall for more information, please click here >> Contact Us
You will find many assorted Health Reports available for download free to you on this website!
Our free Health Success Reports are each available for you to download when you subscribe to receive them and their 7 part eCourse.
You can unsubscribe at any time, but we are sure you will want to receive all the email lessons of these informative ecourses.
Read more HERE to select the REPORT subjects of most interest (or concern) to you.