If the amount of money consumers spend on hair care products annually is any indication, most people are concerned about the appearance of their hair and strive to attain beautiful, healthy and stylish locks.
In fact, most will go to any lengths to achieve their desired look.
From professional salon treatments to over-the-counter serums, hair care is a big business.
The only problem is that while many people are buying the right hair care products for their hair, they forget to follow basic hair care regimens that will guarantee the health and beauty of their tresses.
Additionally, many are also causing needless damage to their hair by participating in unhealthy hair care behavior.
So, what should you do to make sure that your hair stays healthy, shiny and strong?
To avoid all hair care disasters, follow these 10 absolute don'ts of great hair care.
Hair care don'ts
1. Avoid unprofessional and over-the-counter hair care products whenever you can.
Many of these only offer false hopes and promises.
2. Do not cut your own bangs.
Leave all of your cutting needs, even bangs, to your hair care professional.
3. Avoid excessive sun, chlorine and salt water during the summer months.
Excessive exposure can cause severe damage that is irreversible even if you use the best hair care products.
4. Do not use clarifying hair care products on your tresses more than one time per week.
They can strip hair of moisture and essential oils.
5. Do not visit a hair care salon without first getting a referral from someone you can trust.
Choosing a salon based on an advertisement or sale alone is very risky.
6. Do not purchase hair color that comes in a box.
7. Never stick with an outdated look because you are afraid of looking different.
Styles change for a reason. Ask your hair care professional to bring you into this decade with a new style.
8. Do not straighten your hair with a clothes iron. C'mon, this was so over in the 70s.
We have straightening irons that won't damage your hair for this now. Look in the hair care isle.
9. Don't brush your hair or put too much tension on it while it is still wet.
This will cause breakage. Also, do not wear tight styles such as corn rows for extended periods of time unless you have ethnic hair.
10. Never use sun-lightening products such as lemon juice or over-the-counter hair care products designed to lighten hair with the sun unless you want a very short hair cut in the future.
In the end, hair care is a very individualized and personal thing.
Feel free to add your own flair and style to your hair care routine, but remember to include hair care principles that will benefit your hair and avoid those that damage it.
You can visit our page for more information about hair care and to get our free report download on how to prevent hair loss.
We wish you well in your search for healthy diet solutions and your movement towards better health in all areas.
Contact Us if you would like a free private consultation with us about your health online.
7 Ways in 7 Days to Beautiful, Healthy Hair
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit *YOUR* health story.
Subscribe to get your weekly "Health Success Magazine" with a new complete & comprehensive Health Report in every edition!
If you would like a free no-obligation private consultation or to contact Warren Tattersall for more information, please click here >> Contact Us
You will find many assorted Health Reports available for download free to you on this website!
Our free Health Success Reports are each available for you to download when you subscribe to receive them and their 7 part eCourse.
You can unsubscribe at any time, but we are sure you will want to receive all the email lessons of these informative ecourses.
Read more HERE to select the REPORT subjects of most interest (or concern) to you.