What is Ringworm or Tinea corporis?
A health article about Ringworm from Your Health Online the A to Z directory of dealing with Health Problems & nutritional Self Care Strategies
Tinea corporis is commonly known as "ring worm." Tinea corporis is the term used for fungal infection of the skin. The fungus causes a characteristic lesion which is often clear in the center with a rough, scaly, circular border.
The lesions vary in size from very small circular patches to very large patches.
Tinea Corporis is small, itchy round red spots with scaly, slightly raised borders. They tend to clear in center as they expand.
Signs & Symptoms of Tinea corporis
Some of the common symptoms of Ringworm are :-
• Skin rashes that are ring-shaped or oval and the edges are red and scaly.
• Rashes can become dry and itchy.
• The edge of the rash appears elevated and is scaly to touch.
• Mostly ring rashes appears at arms, legs and face.
• The patches • Generally there will be hair loss in areas of the infection
What Causes Tinea corporis?
Tinea Corporis is usually transmitted through contact with animals such as dogs, cats, calves, hamsters, and guinea pigs.
It can also be acquired through person-to-person transfer which would usually be via direct skin contact with an infected person.
The fungus prefers hot and humid conditions and where those conditions prevail it can be transferred through contact where someone with an infection has been also had contact: Eg, swimming pools or showers or even sharing personal items like combs or clothing.
Most mammals have at least one type of fungus, and usually the animal and fungus live in peaceful coexistence without the animal ever showing any symptoms. This does not mean that the fungus cannot be transmitted to humans. Children are particularly susceptible to tinea corporis and can pass it on easily to other children. Adults can also become infected.
Farmers and people who work with animals that have fur are at increased risk.
• Warm moist conditions
• Long-term dampness on the skin. Sweating can be a factor here particularly if wearing tight fitting clothing.
• Minor skin or nail injuries
• Close contact with animals
• Poor hygiene
• Weak immune system ( eg HIV or use of immunosuppressive medications)
Is Tinea Corporis contagious ? Yes, tinea corporis is very contagious.
• Good general hygiene helps prevent Tinea Corporis especially washing your hands well after contact with animals or plants.
• Avoid contact with infected area on other individuals.
• Avoid contact with infected pets as much as possible. • Wear loose fitting clothing.
• Do not use steroid creams on the rash they will only make it worse.
• Do not use clothing or cosmetics items of other personal items such as combs or towels of anyone who may have an infection.
• Tinea corporis usually clears up quickly when antifungal medicines (such as ketoconazole) are applied twice daily to the skin. If it doesn't, you may need one month of treatment with the antifungal antibiotic, griseofulvin, taken by mouth.
• Recurrences can be treated with Lamisil cream this does not need a prescription and is very effective for control.
• Tinea Corporis can be treated by using an antifungal cream or by taking antifungal tablets.
Self Care strategies for Living with Tinea corporis
Diet change strategies:
A strong immune system is one of the best defences against having a ringworm infection so Vitamins and minerals are very useful in protecting yoruself and your family.
Vitamin & Nutrient Associations
Even when we try to eat well, we're disadvantaged. The nutritional content of most food has been compromised over the years, not only by deficient soils and modern production, transportation, storage and processing methods, but also by the enormous amounts of chemical and artificial substances added to promote growth, storage life, taste and appearance.
It's for this reason that more and more medical authorities are advocating the use of vitamin and mineral supplements. However, finding them in the right combination can be both confusing and costly.
The Cellular Nutrition products I am going to recommend you make use of knowledge gained from the botanical world's 6,000 year history. They incorporated health building nutritional herbs with the best modern technology to help our bodies cleanse and detoxify so that the cells - the tiniest living units - can be as fully nourished as possible.
General Health Indicators.
Once the body begins to clear itself of toxins it can more efficiently absorb nutrition.
You can learn more here about General Health Indicators
You may find benefit from our information on detoxification as well as a bit about detoxing because of change of diet
It may be due to difficulties with your digestive system that is causing your body to be starved of key nutrients, vitamins or minerals. In this case you may find useful answers by reviewing our article on Nutrition For Your Cells. There is also more information here about why is nutrition such an issue nowadays?
It may be that your metabolism has slowed due to pressures that have been placed on your system through life in general or through specific “challenges” you have faced in the last few months or last few years. Review this by looking at our article about balancing your Metabolic Rate.
Further reading through our articles on Ringworm health issues will give you a body of information that will help you decide what options you have to deal with the underlying causes of your problem through giving your body the nutrition products that will assist you body to heal from the inside out.
We wish you well in your search for solutions to this Tinea corporis problem and your movement towards better health in all areas.
Below here are examples of Health Success Results other people have had with using a self care strategy for dealing with Mental Health:
We would be very interested to hear your result stories with your problem if you are using some of our nutrition products. To send us your story just fill out the form below
Share *YOUR* remedy & health success story!
We are on a world-wide mission to source and tell our readers about as many as possible of the natural remedies & self care strategies available, so please help us to grow and improve our health information on this subject.
If you have a proven home remedy or natural treatment or have a great Health Success story, we would love to share it with our readers.
And as a special "Thank You" for your contribution, we will give you our special edition "Health Success Report"!
(When you submit this article you agree to the ***GENERAL RELEASE below this form)
See below here what stories & resources have been contributed on this subject:
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
If you are interested in products mentioned on this site and want to check pricing and availability in your country, then please click back to the home page of the person who referred you here.
If you surfed in off the web then just drop us a note about what products you would like assistance with, on this Contact Us form and we will answer your questions & process your order for you.
Back to Top of your health online Ringworm page
Subscribe to “Your Health Success” newsletter
*** GENERAL RELEASE AND ASSIGNMENT
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and legal sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I ("I", "me", "my") hereby agree as follows:
1) I hereby grant to Warren Tattersall, his successors, assignees and licensees the unlimited right, but not the
obligation, to use any statements made by or attributed to me (my "Statements") as well as my name, voice, and likeness, performance, personal characteristics and other identifying information (jointly and severally with the Statements and the photographs referenced in Paragraph 2 below, my "Personal Characteristics") in and in connection with the advertising, promotion, marketing and other exploitation of Herbalife products or Warren Tattersall’s services in any and all languages and media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity.
2) If I supply Warren Tattersall with photographs of myself on this date or any date subsequent, I agree that Warren Tattersall may use such photographs to the full extent provided above, I warrant and represent that I am the person depicted in the photograph, I am the owner of the photograph, I have the authority to grant the permission and rights granted herein, and no one else’s permission is required to grant such rights, and I understand that the copy of the photograph(s) I supply to Warren Tattersall will not be returned.
3) I understand that Warren Tattersall is not obligated to use my Personal Characteristics as permitted herein or, if commenced, to continue with such use in any territory. I acknowledge and agree that Warren Tattersall may make my Personal Characteristics available to Warren Tattersall’s independent distributors to use as permitted above.
4) In undertaking the act of submitting my words and images through www.TheHealthSuccessSite.com I understand that I am agreeing the terms and conditions of this agreement
I have read this entire General Release and Assignment and fully understand his contents. I likewise understand that this document shall remain in full force and effect unless/until I request that it be terminated, and that any such request must be made in a signed writing. By signing below, I hereby acknowledge and agree to the
I understand that in submitting my material for publication I am granting the rights to reproduce this material on the internet or in other form and I have read the conditions above
SITE DISCLAIMER: Do these products “cure” anything? Of course not… but it stands to reason that if you cleanse your body and feed it the finest nutrition available, giving it everything it needs in balance, on a daily basis, that your body will do what nature intended, and give you the best possible chance to fend off sickness and disease. This Ringworm your health online information is not presented by a medical practitioner and is for educational and informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any Ringworm questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read. Any natural and/or dietary supplements that are not FDA approved or evaluated must be accompanied by a two-part disclaimer on the product label: that the statement has not been evaluated by FDA and that the product is not intended to "diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease”.
The Ringworm resources on this your health online site are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. While all attempts have been made to verify the ringworm information provided in this publication, neither the ringworm author nor the publisher assumes any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the web site Ringworm subject matter herein. The what is Ringworm your health online site Ringworm contents are solely the opinion of the authors and should not be considered as a form of advice, direction and/or recommendation of any kind. If expert advice or counselling is needed, services of a competent professional should be sought. The what is Ringworm author and the Publisher assume no responsibility or liability and specifically disclaim any warranty, express or implied for any products or services mentioned, or any techniques or Ringworm practices described.
The purchaser or reader of this publication assumes responsibility for the use of these Ringworm materials and your health online information. Neither the author nor the Publisher assumes any responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of any purchaser or reader of these Ringworm materials. There is no guarantee of validity of accuracy. This your health online website and its creators are not responsible for the content of any sites linked to