Organizing Your Home Office
5 Tips in Organizing Your Home Office
Today, many people are quitting their day jobs to seize a new career in their homes. With a fast-paced work environment, a well-organized organization could translate more dollars in your pocket.
For home-based businesses, a well-organized office should allow for effective invoicing, expensing and follow-ups. The more organized your home office becomes; the better it can set the boundaries of your work life and home life, giving you the time to enjoy the freedom of becoming your own boss.
Here are the most important tips in organizing your home office:
1) Clear your desk – Most office desks are piled up with papers, which occupy your entire desktop. Organize all your paperwork, those needed for future reference in one location and keep other important documents separated. This way, as your business grows, you won't get crazy searching for one missing important piece of paper. Organize it according to category, date and contact information or anyway you find helpful.
2) Control your office productivity – In running a home office, it is important to organize your productivity. For instance, in answering phone calls, decide a system or schedule when you will answer them. You could assign a staff or let the voice mail and message recorder answer the phone calls for you. This way, you could focus on an important reports, presentations or other priorities instead of wasting your time answering the phone.
3) Home life versus work life – The main problem with working in a home office is setting up rules on when and how you can be distracted by your family. Accomplishing your tasks promptly will depend on how your work remains uninterrupted. Set your rules and restrict your family from the business area, explaining you will spend time with them after work.
4) Equipments for organization – Always fill up your home office with paper clips, pens, trays and desktop organizers, storage boxes and a filing system as well as a to-do list in every desk. The easiest way to find information is to organize them by color-coding.
5) Daily routine – Empty your workspace (remove everything, except the current project) to cut down distractions. At the end of the project, organize all paperwork and store it according to its appropriate category. Always straighten your desk at the end of the day or week to start the next morning with a tidy desk.
By following these simple rules, you can be your own boss in an organized home office. Be aware that a clean work environment could reduce stress and in turn, increase work productivity.
BACK TO MY PAGE:
SITE DISCLAIMER: Do these products “cure” anything? Of course not… but it stands to reason that if you cleanse your body and feed it the finest nutrition available, giving it everything it needs in balance, on a daily basis, that your body will do what nature intended, and give you the best possible chance to fend off sickness and disease. This page is a profile provided for Deb Dowling Indigo Realm Alternative Health Therapies at Shepparton Herbalife retail health products & Business Opportunity information is not presented by a medical practitioner and is for educational and informational purposes only. The Health and Nutrition Resources Index content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your health online or a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read.
The Deb Dowling Indigo Realm Alternative Health Therapies at Shepparton Herbalife Work from Home Health Business Opportunity resources on this site are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. While all attempts have been made to verify information provided in this publication, neither the author nor the publisher assumes any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the web site Health and Nutrition Resources Index subject matter herein. The site contents are solely the opinion of the authors and should not be considered as a form of advice, direction and/or recommendation of any kind. If expert advice or counseling is needed, services of a competent professional should be sought. The Health and Nutrition Resources Index author and the Publisher assume no responsibility or liability and specifically disclaim any warranty, express or implied for any products or services mentioned, or any techniques or your health online practices described. This page is a profile provided for Deb Dowling Indigo Realm Alternative Health Therapies at Shepparton Herbalife retail health products & Business Opportunity
The purchaser or reader of this Health and Nutrition Resources Index publication assumes responsibility for the use of these materials and your health online information. Neither the author nor the Publisher assumes any responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of any purchaser or reader of these Health and Nutrition Resources Index materials. There is no guarantee of validity of accuracy. Any perceived slight of specific people or organizations is unintentional. This website and its creators are not responsible for the content of any sites linked to. Since natural and/or dietary supplements are not FDA approved they must be accompanied by a two-part disclaimer on the product label: that the statement has not been evaluated by FDA and that the product is not intended to "diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."