Is Your Kid Bed Wetting? Consult a Doctor
A health article from Your Health Online the A to Z directory of dealing with Health Problems & nutritional Self Care Strategies
Bed wetting can be a sign of a disease that may need immediate medical attention. That is why consulting a doctor is a must in certain cases.
If your child still wets the bed after the age of six, feels pain when urinating, or behaves oddly (e.g., becoming shy or manifesting sexually suggestive behaviours), then it is recommended that you seek medical advice from a professional. Snoring, frequent thirst, and pink urine are also indications that your child needs to be checked by a doctor.
How can a doctor help you solve the problem? The doctor will conduct tests and come up with a diagnosis regarding your child’s condition. He will start by asking several questions about your child’s medical history, bed-wetting patterns, and toilet habits.
It pays to know what to expect when you visit the doctor. Particularly, it would be better to know beforehand the questions the doctor may ask so that you can provide accurate answers.
Some of the doctor’s questions may include the following:
* Does the condition run in your family?
* How long has your child been wetting the bed? When did it start?
* How often does he wet the bed? Does it wake him up?
* Have your child had dry nights before?
* How often does he urinate at daytime? Does he have problems with controlling urination?
* Are there particular foods, drinks, or activities that seem to cause your child’s condition? Does the child drink beverages that contain caffeine or alcohol?
* Is your kid going through any kind of stressful event or life changes in the family? Does the urination occur more frequently when he is stressed?
* Does the child feel pain and other symptoms when he urinates?
* Does he have a history of urinary tract infection?
* Is there a history of diabetes in your family?
* What other symptoms are present (e.g., pain in the back and abdomen, fever, etc.)?
* What medications does your child take?
* How are things going on at home and at school for your child?
* Do other family members know the problem? How is your child’s condition treated within your family?
* Do you punish the child for wetting the bed?
Next, the doctor will conduct a physical exam on your child. Also, urine tests such as urinalysis, urodynamic studies, and urine culture will be done to check if your child has diabetes or infection. Your child will be checked as well for bladder and urinary tract problems.
If the doctor thinks there is something wrong with your child’s body, he may recommend that your child have an X-ray so that the bladder and kidneys can be checked for abnormalities. Your child’s abdomen, urinary opening, and rectum will be checked as well.
Finally, the doctor will make a diagnosis related to bed wetting and discuss your options when it comes to treatment. Take heed of your doctor’s advice so that your child can stop wetting the bed soon.
Learn more about this subject here at your health online page that fully details the causes, symptoms, treatments and self help home remedy options for: Bed Wetting
BACK TO “Your Health Online”
the A to Z directory of dealing with Health Problems & Self Care Strategies for natural remedies to your health issues.
Even when we try to eat well, we're disadvantaged. The nutritional content of most food has been compromised over the years, not only by deficient soils and modern production, transportation, storage and processing methods, but also by the enormous amounts of chemical and artificial substances added to promote growth, storage life, taste and appearance.
It's for this reason that more and more medical authorities are advocating the use of vitamin and mineral supplements. However, finding them in the right combination can be both confusing and costly.
The nutrition products I am going to recommend you make use of knowledge gained from the botanical world's 6,000 year history. They incorporated health building nutritional herbs with the best modern technology to help our bodies cleanse and detoxify so that the cells - the tiniest living units - can be as fully nourished as possible.
This allows the cells to grow, repair and to perform their functions with the best possible efficiency so that we feel and look better and are more able to prevent and fight disease. Once the body begins to clear itself of toxins it can more efficiently absorb nutrition.
Further reading through our articles on health issues will give you a body of information that will help you decide what options you have to deal with the underlying causes of your problem through giving your body the nutrition products that will assist you body to heal from the inside out.
You can visit our health food products page here: Herbalife Health Nutrition Supplements and learn more about our core nutrition program, the Cellular Nutrition Advanced Program and also check out these targeted products, Florafiber to replace your healthy flora and Aloe Vera Juice to help cleanse your system.
We wish you well in your search for solutions to this problem and your movement towards better health in all areas.