Foods that Can Reduce High Blood Pressure
You might find it difficult to believe that there are foods that can reduce hypertension. There are several foods that can do it. If you find that you have developed high blood pressure, you can immediately switch to the foods mentioned below in order to get your blood pressure under control.
1. Drink skim milk regularly to decrease hypertension. This milk contains low amounts of fat. At the same time, it is rich in calcium and vitamin D that are required to combat hypertension. Calcium is also present in nuts, green leafy veggies, salmons, sardines, and sunflower seeds.
2. Dark chocolate is good for relieving hypertension and for satisfying your cravings for sweets as well. Flavenoids present in dark chocolate bring about a remarkable change in diastolic and systolic blood pressure.
3. Spinach, beans and other magnesium rich foods like grapefruit, figs, yellow corn, apples, almonds and whole grains are great for lowering your blood pressure.
4. Foods rich in potassium such as watermelon, bananas, soya beans, zucchini, baked white potatoes and spinach are regarded as the most effective foods to control blood pressure. Potassium allows the body to eliminate excess fluids so there is no pressure on the heart to pump blood harder.
5. According to researchers, eating fibrous foods like veggies, fruits and oat bran can bring about a considerable change in hypertension levels. These foods help to normalize the blood pressure in people who suffer from hypertension when they are anxious or depressed.
6. Omega 3 fats found in flaxseeds and fatty fish has been proven to help for the lowering of your blood pressure. You can take this in the form of a supplement as well.
As you can see, there are several foods that reduce the blood pressure. As there are several food items on the list, you can make several meal combinations using poultry, fish and lean meat.
See to it that your snacks consist of fruits that are high in calcium, potassium and/or magnesium. The dark chocolate can be the best snack to help you deal with hunger pangs between meals and manage your hypertension at the same time.
Studies have revealed that consuming these foods in adequate amounts and in the correct combinations can prove to be highly effective. It can have a similar effect to the one of prescribed medicines.
However, make sure that your doctor decides if you need medicines. It is not advisable to adjust the dosages in line with your own ideas.
Warren Tattersall has been a full time nutritional consultant for over a decade and works with people all over the world to help them improve their health, increase their personal energy levels and to use supplements to assist with diet related health issues.
To have a free personal consultation with him to learn how incorporating nutritional supplements may improve your health concerns just visit “The Health Success Site” and download the free health report available there, or email warren@TheHealthSuccessSite.com to request a personal one-on-one consultation by email or phone.
The Health Success Site has many helpful tips about nutrition and free health plans to reduce your high blood pressure and help you with a healthy heart. Not only will you get valuable :cardiovascular problems health tips about using fish oil for cardiovascular health you can also download a free ebook about cardiovascular health at the site.